Suffering from anxiety means that you are more than stressed.An anxiety disorder occurs when the anxiety that you are feeling interferes with your ability to function in one or more areas of your life (i.e. relationships with your partner/spouse. child, boss, co-worker etc…).
A person who is suffering from anxiety often experiences the following emotional and physical symptoms:
- Excessive and ongoing worry and tension
- An unrealistic view of a problem, a situation or perhaps even a relationship
- Feelings of being “edgy”
- Feelings of restlessness and irritability
- Muscle tension, aches
- Frequent need to go to the bathroom
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Being easily startled
- Trouble going to sleep or staying asleep
Whether you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety or just “stressed out”, I can help.